Tech and Innovation Mentors
Information for Tech and Innovation Mentors
As part of the shared leadership system, we would like to empower leaders at our schools to support their peers as schools continue to implement Step Two of the Guide for Instructional Direction. For the upcoming school year 2018-19, we will have Innovation and Learner Engagement Technology Mentors at every grade level.
Mentors serve as:
- The Liaison between school and Innovation and Learner and Engagement –
- providing feedback and input to the district specific to technology integration, hardware, and professional development
- A Lead Learner for that content area –
- A “go to” person for you and your teachers specific to that content area to help with site PD, answer questions, support for teacher colleagues, for technology integration and innovation.
- Mentors will attend a minimum of 4 half day meetings 7:30-noon., see dates below.
- ILE will pay for the sub, teachers will return to their school site to attend collaboration.
- Present 4 one hour professional development offerings during September, November, February and April based on Mentor meetings. (ILE will pay the Mentor the Presenter rate for the hour)
- Serve as the site representative and contact for Digital Citizenship implementation and completion.
- Coordinate with ILE for other site specific needs
Mandatory meetings for Tech and Innovation Mentors:
Schools will be asked to send at least one representative to attend four training sessions throughout the year. All dates are listed below. All sign ups are available via the PD Hub.
- September 5, 2018
- November 7, 2018
- February 6, 2019
- April 10, 2019